The most popular ergonomic keyboards trays we sell are Humanscale keyboard trays. When I say popular, I don’t mean that they are a faddish or trendy- the reason these adjustable keyboard trays sell so well is their versatility and build-quality.
Humanscale keyboards tray systems have a lead time of 5-7 business days for a custom configuration, so we stock two popular configurations in our warehouse, the Humanscale 5G90090HG and Humanscale 5G500G27.
The sku’s refer to individual parts in a configuration:
- The 5G mechanism lifts, swivels and tilts the keyboard platform
- The 900 and 500 are rectangular keyboard platforms
- The 90H is an adjustable clip mouse platform and is only available with the 900 board
- G and G27 are wrist rests - G fits the 900 board, and the G27 fits the 500 board
The Humanscale 5G mechanism is the most popular for the following reasons:
- No locking or unlocking is necessary to adjust the keyboard tray tilt; you simply turn the knob on the mechanism to adjust the platform’s tilt.
- The knob on the mechanism shows where the tilt is set between 0-15 degrees. This feature is extremely helpful with multiple users or height adjustable desks; you can quickly change to a preferred angle without any guesswork.
- The adjustable height offers a 6 1/4” range: 5” below to 1 1/4” above the mount.
- Most desks have at least 22 inches of depth to mount a keyboard track underneath, and the 5G gets the 900 or 500 platforms completely underneath the work surface.
The 900 platform is 19” W x 11” D, and it fits a standard keyboard and a gel palm rest. The 500 board is a large platform measuring 27” W x 11” D with plenty of room for a mouse, keyboard, keypad and wrist rest on a single surface.
The 900 system includes a 90H clip mouse platform. The 90H tilts independently from the keyboard platform, so you can keep the mousing surface on a flat plane and not have to worry about your mouse falling off. This is a benefit since your keyboard platform is on a slope- who has time to replace a broken mouse these days? Additionally, the clip mouse platform gives you the most versatility: it slides on either side of the 900 board, moves towards or away from you, and swivels over or next to your keyboard.
Finally the G and G27 wrist rests are a nice support covered in synthetic leather, so they are extremely durable. They reduce pressure points on the palms and wrists while typing. You can opt to work with or without the palm rest; it has three prongs that fit into three holes on the board, making it easy to swap in and out as needed.
We highly recommend keyboard trays to get your hands in a neutral position while you’re typing to avoid any problematic issues, and since most of us use the 5G90090HG or 5G500G here in the office- I don’t hesitate to recommend these Humanscale Keyboard Tray Same Day Ship Models.